Allied Office Machines is committed to honesty, integrity, and transparency and aims to embrace responsibility for the company’s actions. We encourage a positive impact through our activities on the environment, customers, employees, communities and stakeholders.
Allied believes that social responsibility, environmental preservation and safety of our employees are core values of management.
We are committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment for employees and have a determination to continually improve, minimise environmental impacts and reduce the depletion of natural resources. Allied provides appropriate training and resources for employees to maintain responsible practices; the management team ensures these practices and principles are seen as a responsibility of all employees.
Sustainability and Environment
Our partner products are designed to use resources efficiently—minimising waste and reusing or recycling materials. We support all our partners in their commitment to the elimination of toxic materials and heavy metals from the product supply chain.
Waste management is a focus as our operations generate paper, plastic and metal waste, which we strive to consume less and recycle more to reduce our environmental impact by:
- Encouraging individual responsibility for recycling initiatives and providing recycling facilities for paper, printer toners, plastics and metal
- Refurbishing older equipment and providing these as a service. Refurbishing means we return the condition of the equipment to nearly new.
- The products we can no longer refurbish are donated to Southampton Special Purpose Workshop, a Hampshire-based company helping adults with special needs. SSPW strips out all materials from the equipment which are then recycled.
- In addition, we offer a free toner cartridge recycling service to all our customers with 90% of all used toner cartridges being recycled.
Energy use is an important aspect of our business from both environmental and cost perspectives, and we strive to consume less and reduce our environmental impact by:
- Monitoring power consumption with the goal of reducing power consumption by at least 1% each year over the previous year
- Using materials from renewable resources that are non-toxic and recyclable
Business Travel is required to successfully operate our business and we constantly promote and implement measures to reduce our travel-related environmental impacts by:
- Promoting teleconferencing and other collaborative working tools to limit the number of individual business trips
- Enabling remote and virtual working for employees to reduce space requirements and commuting
- Encouraging the use of public transportation, car pools, and other trip mitigation measures